NJ Social Studies Network Newsletters
2016: September October November December
2017: January February March April May June September October November December
NJCSS Annual Conference PD Certificate - October 23, 2017
Teacher of the Year Nomination Form - Elementary K-5
Teacher of the Year Nomination Form - Secondary 6-12
NJCSS Executive Board Minutes
Teaching Social Studies (formerly, The Docket) (A Joint Publication of the New York and New Jersey State Councils for the Social Studies)
Submission Guidelines for Teaching Social Studies (formerly, The Docket):
Submissions from all social studies disciplines as well as from interdisciplinary perspectives are welcome. Submit manuscripts as a file attachment to the executive editor, Mark Pearcy (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Manuscripts must be:
- Original, accurate, meet submission guidelines, in good form editorially, and not under consideration elsewhere.
- Submitted in Microsoft .doc or .docx format.
- Submitted in Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association (6thedition) style, and written in English.
- Formatted in Times New Roman, size 12 font, double spaced with graphics embedded in text in .gif or .jpg file formats.
- From 1000-3000 words in length, excluding references.
- Please submit your manuscript with the following provisions:
- The manuscript has not been published elsewhere (excluding manuscripts which the editors have requested reprinting privileges)
- The manuscript is not under consideration for publication elsewhere
- A title page with complete contact information for all authors, including address, telephone, fax, and email
- Manuscript that is void of author(s) name and institution(s).
- An abstract of 100 words or less following the title page.
- A biographical sketch of each author of 30 words or less at the end of the manuscript.
Manuscripts should be submitted to email@example.com.
- World History (Jersey City)
- U.S. History 1 (Jersey City)
- U.S. History 2 (Jersey City)
- NEW! NCSS C3 Framework Supplement for Standards for Integrating Religion into the Curriculum (excerpt from document)
- New! NCSS Letter on C3 Framework for Religion Standards